Pre-teen perfume advert



Evaluation:
1) What was the task you were given and who were the target audience? As the audience wasn't typical of the product, how did you manage to sell it? What was the name of your brand?

The task was the in groups, we had to make a brand and an advert for a product that we were given for a specific audience that we were also given. My group was given perfume for pre - teens (11 - 13) so we began researching some other brands of perfume that were for that audience which were very uncommon. We started to brainstorm how we were going to sell this to an audience that isn't usually associated with this, so we started to think what girls of that age liked. We came up with the idea that girls of that age like glitter, pink, sparkles etc. and also accessories so we came up with the idea of a bracelet that has perfume inside it that you wear and it sprays every two hours like a timed spray to keep them smelling nice. We called our brand Agent Rainbow with the slogan 'Brace yourself!'

2) Who did you work with and how did you divide the research, planning, filming, and responsibilities?

My group was myself, Molly C, Olivia and Oakley. We gave ourselves allocated roles, I was the Production manager, meaning I helped with filming, editing, planning and also organising, Molly was In charge of research, helped with filming and editing, Olivia helped with filming and editing along with planning shots and the advert. Oakley was in charge of planning, he made the shot list and helped with organising.

3) How did you plan your sequence?

First of all, we talked over the basic storyline and the order of what shots we should do and where we were going to film. After, liv made a storyboard of all the different scenes and shots so we had a rough copy while Oakley made a shot list of all the different shots, where they were going to be and the different angles/movements. In was writing a basic script so that when we got our actors they knew what to do and molly was writing out a props list so we knew what we had to get. After, we were all done, we put all our work together and discussed who could film when, resulting in myself and Molly filming after school Tuesday and myself and Liv filming after school Wednesday. We got our actors by going to a drama club after school Tuesday and asked if anyone wanted to be in our advert. 

4) What research and planning did you undertake?

After discussing our brand and product, as a team we looked up similar products that had similar audiences. After, Molly, Liv and Oakley made a profile of 3 different similar brands and I started to organise what we needed, who we needed and I got a classroom for us to work in along with our actors. I also asked our actors what they preferred as they were within our target audience and they said they liked our idea and they would wear it. After all this research we made our storyboard, shot list, script and prop list and after school Monday, myself, Liv and Molly went out to buy our props.

5) What was your initial feedback? what did others say about your production? how successful was your sequence?

After filming and editing our advert, we showed the actors who starred in it and some of the class who said that it was very good and put together very well as it showed the product and what it did. After showing the teacher, our only feedback was to contrast the colours more so it popped and really stood out and also cut out some unnecessary scenes. After doing this, our sequence was very successful as it looked like an advert that would be seen on the TV. We also got the feedback that our advert worked very well in showing the target audience. 

6) identify what went well and with hindsight what you would do differently?

I think that overall our advert was very good, with our planning, our filming went smoothly and we got all the shots we needed in a limited time frame. Also, I think our editing was very well as there was 3 of us that would do bits on our own and then sometimes came together to help each other and improve anything. Also I think our team work was very good and made us work quicker and more efficient as there was no arguing. In hindsight, I think we could have managed our time a bit better so that we could get double shots so we could pick the best one and also spend more time on research as we could have developed our idea a bit more.

7) What have you learnt from completing this task?

from this task I have learnt that it does not matter who you work with but as long as you communicate, plan and work as a team, a lot more can get done and the end project would look better. Also, I have learnt more about creative input from planning, when brainstorming, we all had our input and contributed to the end product. I have developed my knowledge of editing and camera shots as in this task I had more practice with this so I feel more confident in editing by myself and using more difficult tools and also when filming, I can use a variety of shots, angles and movements as I had a chance to film in this task. 

8) Looking ahead, how will this learning be significant when completing future productions?

In future production, I feel that whoever I am put with, I can work with them by communicating and also work more efficiently by researching and planning before starting straight away as this can help with the end product. Also I think that in the future I can take a lead on filming and editing as I feel more confident in doing this as I have had more practise. Finally, I think that when planning in the future, any contribution may be helpful but even if it isn't then still contribute ideas because it may help develop the product. 


















1 comment:

  1. Great effort! Wonderful advert and insightful evaluation.

    ReplyDelete